Welcome to NESS 2018!
Conference Dates: Friday, April 13–Saturday, April 14, 2018
Location: University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics with the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst are proud to co-host the 32nd annual New England Statistics Symposium on Saturday, April 13-14, 2018.
Data - Science - Society
The theme of NESS 2018 is “Data - Science - Society”, reflecting the growing role that data and statistical sciences are playing in shaping and improving society. The purpose of the symposium, as usual, is to bring together statisticians from all over New England to a central location to share research, discuss emerging issues in the field, and network with colleagues. The Symposium hosts and organizers from the University of Massachusetts are Anna Liu (co-Chair), Nicholas Reich (co-Chair), Raji Balasubramanian, and Patrick Flaherty; also, Jianan Hui and Yihua Zhao from Boehringer Ingelheim are serving on the organizing committee.
The symposium will feature four short courses, two invited plenary talks, invited sessions, and a contributed poster session.
Additionally MassMutual is sponsoring a student poster competition and IBM is sponsoring a student paper competition.
Timeline / Important Dates
- Registration opens February 1, 2018.
- Invited Session Proposals Due March 5, 2018.
- Abstracts for Contributed Sessions must be submitted by March 26, 2018.
- Abstracts for Student Posters must be submitted by March 30, 2018.
- Student papers must be submitted by March 30, 2018.
- Abstracts for Invited Sessions (after being selected) must be submitted by March 30, 2018.
- Online registration closes April 6, 2018.
- On-site registration welcome.